Basic things about men’s wardrobe
To look dignified, the man should choose the following basic elements of the wardrobe correctly:
And if the choice of trousers with shoes is always individual. Then for the rest, you can formulate general rules.
How to choose a shirt
- The shape of the collar should be chosen based on the characteristics of the face. If it is narrow, it is better than the collar should be sharpened. And if wide – prefer the blunt angles.
- Choose the color of the shirt for the color of your skin. If the shirt is brighter than you, then it will emphasize all the defects. For example, make visually more visible bags under the eyes.
- Check the size of the shirt correctly. First, look at the place of the shoulder seams. Secondly, pay attention to the length of the sleeve. When the arm is lowered, the sleeve should be slightly below the wrist.
How to choose a jacket
- It is important to choose the right jacket for the size. Notice how the shoulder seam lay. Be sure to check the length of the sleeve – it should be such that the cuffs of the shirt look out.
- Choose the color of the jacket depending on where you intend to put it on. For example, for work – gray, in the club – blue, in the yacht club – white, etc.
- Pay attention to the texture and drawing of the fabric. They need to be selected for the season and the situation.
- Lapels should be in harmony with facial features. If the face is narrow, pick up the pointed lapels. If wide – then lapels, respectively, should be wider than usual.
- Look at the number of buttons. If you have low growth, then let them be 1-2, not more. And, if the buttons are more than two, the lower one should always be bent. This is a rule of etiquette!
- The number of slots (cuts) and their position should also be selected for their type of figure.
- Pay attention to the shape of the pockets. They can attach the unnecessary volume to the abdomen.
- If there are elbow pins on the jacket, they set the tone for all other elements of the image. For example, if the armrests are brown, then shoes, and accessories, too, should be in brown color.
- The width of the necktie must be chosen from the width of the face. The wider the face, the wider the tie. And vice versa. In addition, the width of the tie should match the sphere of work of the man. Officials and businessmen are more suitable for wide ties, representatives of creative specialties – more narrow.
- The color of the tie should be chosen for your color. If your hair is dark, and the skin is light, then it’s better to buy a contrast tie, for example, dark blue, burgundy, and emerald. If your hair is light, then you should prefer gray, beige and other muted colors.
- It’s important to match the tie to the suit. First of all, with a shirt. They must be in harmony with each other. For example, if the shirt is white and the jacket is dark blue, then the tie must be saturated color. And if the rest of the outfit is light shades, then it’s worth choosing a pastel tie, a muted color.
How to choose a belt
- It is necessary to know exactly what you are wearing a belt for trousers or jeans. On this depends its width: for trousers – 2-3 cm, for jeans – 4-5 (+ more massive buckle).
- The color of the belt should be in harmony with the color of the other accessories. For example, if the belt is brown, then it is desirable that in the same range there are socks and shoes.
- The length of the belt is determined by the number of holes in it. Usually, there are 5. It is important that you can fasten the belt to the third, maximum, fourth hole.
- The buckle must not be fanciful. The bad taste is the brand logo on a fist-sized buckle. The buckle is also worth choosing under the shape of the face. If the face has more smooth lines – choose a buckle in the shape of an oval or a circle. If more sharp, graphic lines – it is better to give preference to rectangular or triangular buckles.