The time has come. They have finally called you to go to a job interview and you are determined to get the job. We have already discussed in our guide how to prepare a job interview about non-verbal language in a job interview or how to answer the most difficult questions. In this article we will see 10 tips on how to dress for job interview.
How to dress for job interview?
1. Investigate the company’s culture and its dress code: if you are lucky enough to meet someone who works there, ask them directly how they usually dress in the company.
2. Wear clothes that you feel comfortable with. It’s not about being disguised as something that you’re not, but it’s about transmitting professionalism.
3. The colors of the garments should be neutral, never very flashy. For men, the colors most suitable for the shirt are white or blue, and if you wear a suit, black or gray.
4. One tip on how to dress in a job interview for men is to wear a shirt instead of a shirt . For women the variety is greater, although we must avoid miniskirts, very tight clothing and it is recommended to use long or French sleeves instead of suspenders.
5. Regarding the shoes, before entering the job interview, check that they are completely clean. It is preferable to use a closed shoe than sandals. Also, if you wear a skirt or dress, even if it’s summer, you must wear socks.
6. Avoid wearing too many jewelry, some earrings and two rings as much. If you are a man and you wear a piercing, it is preferable to take it off during the job interview. It is also advisable to cover the tattoos.
7. Women should not exaggerate with makeup and it is better not to use perfume. It is also preferable not to wear the nails painted with very bright colors.
8. Men should be shaved and well groomed. Among the accessories that are advised are the watch and the belt.
9. Always make sure before going to the job interview that your clothes are perfectly ironed.
10. Finally, among the tips on how to dress in a job interview can not miss a portfolio or a bag not too large, which must be the curriculum (without folding), remember to always carry one that fits your profile and experience, here you have CV templates that you can download for free to make a customized CV. Both for women and men is a good complement because they will have something to hold with their hands while they wait and thus not put them in their pockets.
When asking how to dress for job interview, the most important thing to keep in mind is that the clothes go with your personality and according to the company, but always formal and taking care of the details. Luck!